Natural 2-butyl-2-octenal (2-hexylidenehexanal; FEMA# 4616, CAS# 13019-16-4), which occurs naturally in green tea, can be used in a variety of flavor applications. From Alfrebro (Cargill Flavor Systems, now owned by Kerry), it offers a fruity, pineapple, green, aldehydic, sweet, ripe and juicy flavor profile. It can be used in pineapple flavors, as well as in pear, apple, plum and many tropical profiles such as passion fruit, guava and more. It would lend an interesting note to fruit punch and may also be useful as a top note in cranberry, pomegranate (grenadine) or plum applications to provide a tart, skinlike note.
January 12, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 142What Will Be the New Definition of 'Natural'?
- 125Organic Flavor Clarification
- 107Report: APAC Is Fastest Growing Food Additive Market
- 71Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 30Mint: Perspectives from Field to Formulation
- 26Monk Fruit Juice Launched as Sugar Substitute
- 25Evolva Introduces Zero-Cal. Sweetener
- 21Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 19Progress in Essential Oils: Lavender Oil
- 16Caproic Acid
- Market Overview: Vibrant India
4/30/2009, Sant Sanganeria, Ultra International Limited
- Progress in Essential Oils
3/5/2010, Brian M. Lawrence
- Raw Material Bulletin: CSA Roundtable
7/29/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Reformulating the Future
10/28/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Better Botanical Extracts Through Advanced Extraction Technology
11/15/2010, Armin Prahst, Teawolf