Fontarôme Chemical Inc.’s 5-methyl-2-hepten-4-one (filbertone, hazeltone; FEMA# 3761, CAS# 81925-81-7) provides a roasted, nutty, coffeelike scent or taste in fragrance or flavor applications. It can also feature a cocoa taste, and it occurs naturally in hazelnuts. Its applications include macadamia and caramel flavors, as well as hazelnut, coffee and tobacco fragrances.
January 2, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 237Progress in Essential Oils: Celery Seed and Leaf Oils
- 188A Natural and a Pod: Commonalities in Vanilla and Tea Processing
- 179Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 127Organic Flavor Clarification
- 117Burt’s Bees Goes Holistic With Plant-Based Protein Shakes
- 93Plant-Based Bacon Flavor? Industry-Tested, Vegan-Approved
- 73Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 47U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
- 39Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 37γ-Decalactone: March 2016