Fontarôme Chemical Inc.’s 5-methyl-2-hepten-4-one (filbertone, hazeltone; FEMA# 3761, CAS# 81925-81-7) provides a roasted, nutty, coffeelike scent or taste in fragrance or flavor applications. It can also feature a cocoa taste, and it occurs naturally in hazelnuts. Its applications include macadamia and caramel flavors, as well as hazelnut, coffee and tobacco fragrances.
January 2, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 303The Future of Artificial Flavors & Ingredients
- 154Progress in Essential Oils: Spanish Marjoram Oil
- 142Organic Flavor Clarification
- 140Mane Launches Authentic and Fresh Herb Range
- 58Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 57The Continuing Evolution of Terpene Products and Specialties
- 42Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 36Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 30Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 28U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: January 2005
5/5/2016, Gerard Mosciano
- Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
5/10/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
7/6/2016, Judith Michalski
- U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
8/2/2016, Krishna Bala and Patrick Dunphy