Fontarôme Chemical Inc.’s 5-methyl-2-hepten-4-one (filbertone, hazeltone; FEMA# 3761, CAS# 81925-81-7) provides a roasted, nutty, coffeelike scent or taste in fragrance or flavor applications. It can also feature a cocoa taste, and it occurs naturally in hazelnuts. Its applications include macadamia and caramel flavors, as well as hazelnut, coffee and tobacco fragrances.
January 12, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 142What Will Be the New Definition of 'Natural'?
- 125Organic Flavor Clarification
- 107Report: APAC Is Fastest Growing Food Additive Market
- 71Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 30Mint: Perspectives from Field to Formulation
- 26Monk Fruit Juice Launched as Sugar Substitute
- 25Evolva Introduces Zero-Cal. Sweetener
- 21Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 19Progress in Essential Oils: Lavender Oil
- 16Caproic Acid
- Market Overview: Vibrant India
4/30/2009, Sant Sanganeria, Ultra International Limited
- Progress in Essential Oils
3/5/2010, Brian M. Lawrence
- Raw Material Bulletin: CSA Roundtable
7/29/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Reformulating the Future
10/28/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Better Botanical Extracts Through Advanced Extraction Technology
11/15/2010, Armin Prahst, Teawolf