Taste Advantage has introduced natural 5-methyl-2-phenylhex-2-enal (cocoa hexenal; FEMA# 3199, CAS# 21834-92-4). This material, also known as cocoal FCC, occurs naturally in cocoa, malt, potato chips and roasted peanuts. Offering rich, brown and cocoa bean notes that can be used to deepen chocolate, coffee, honey and roasted nut flavors, it works well with other chocolate ingredients. It is recommended for use at levels of 1–10 ppm for a cocoa aroma and flavor.
December 19, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 302The Future of Artificial Flavors & Ingredients
- 156Progress in Essential Oils: Spanish Marjoram Oil
- 148Organic Flavor Clarification
- 116Mane Launches Authentic and Fresh Herb Range
- 59Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 58The Continuing Evolution of Terpene Products and Specialties
- 45Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 36Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 31Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 29U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: January 2005
5/5/2016, Gerard Mosciano
- Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
5/10/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
7/6/2016, Judith Michalski
- U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
8/2/2016, Krishna Bala and Patrick Dunphy