Taste Advantage has introduced natural 5-methyl-2-phenylhex-2-enal (cocoa hexenal; FEMA# 3199, CAS# 21834-92-4). This material, also known as cocoal FCC, occurs naturally in cocoa, malt, potato chips and roasted peanuts. Offering rich, brown and cocoa bean notes that can be used to deepen chocolate, coffee, honey and roasted nut flavors, it works well with other chocolate ingredients. It is recommended for use at levels of 1–10 ppm for a cocoa aroma and flavor.
December 5, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 139What Will Be the New Definition of 'Natural'?
- 129Organic Flavor Clarification
- 109Report: APAC Is Fastest Growing Food Additive Market
- 75Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 26Mint: Perspectives from Field to Formulation
- 23Monk Fruit Juice Launched as Sugar Substitute
- 23Evolva Introduces Zero-Cal. Sweetener
- 22Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 17Progress in Essential Oils: Lavender Oil
- 16Caproic Acid
- Market Overview: Vibrant India
4/30/2009, Sant Sanganeria, Ultra International Limited
- Progress in Essential Oils
3/5/2010, Brian M. Lawrence
- Raw Material Bulletin: CSA Roundtable
7/29/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Reformulating the Future
10/28/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Better Botanical Extracts Through Advanced Extraction Technology
11/15/2010, Armin Prahst, Teawolf