alpha-Methylbenzyl acetate (FEMA# 2684, CAS# 93-92- 5) may be a contender for the largest number of widely used synonyms amongst flavor chemicals. The most common synonym is methylphenylcarbinyl acetate. 1-Phenyl ethyl acetate, styrallyl acetate and gardenol are also frequently used in the trade.
January 30, 2014
Most Popular in Creation/Application
- 273Campbell’s Soup Modifies Original Recipe
- 63Flavor Encapsulation: Spray Drying
- 37Technical and Sensory Impacts of Clean Labels
- 33New Insights: Sweet Taste Mechanisms
- 33Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials
- 27Forward Thinking: Liquid Assets, Part 2
- 23A Tale of Four Demos: The Process Flavorist’s Evolving Toolbox
- 21Flavor Formulations at your Fingertips!
- Mint Landscape: from Field to Flavor
5/13/2009, Mark Morris, Agricultural Research & Development; and Eric Robbins, A.M. Todd
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: Mint
5/13/2009, Gerard Mosciano
- Industry Insight: Decades of Citrus
- Book Excerpt: Flavor Formulation
5/7/2009, Judith Michalski, Carl Holmgren and Douglas Young
- Flavor Creation: 9 Lessons in How to Win
5/7/2009, John Bedford, Mastertaste Inc.