Most Popular in Flavor
- 498Symrise Uses Food and Pleasure Study to Create New Flavors
- 421Pringles Introduces Three New Holiday Flavors
- 39912 Flavors From Around the World That Should Be on Your Radar
- 390Flavor Bites: cis-3-Hexenol
- 384Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: November 2016
- 351Coca-Cola Goes Ginger for Summertime in Australia
- 347Study Reveals That Color Affects Taste Perception
- 327Is This Organic? The Memoir of a Millennial
- 324Organic Flavor Clarification
- 298U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
Recent in Flavor (page 31 of 50)
6/9/2014 | John Wright
All too often, meat flavors are hollowed out caricatures of the real thing. The missing middle notes are always the hardest part to recreate. 2-Methyltetrahydrofuran-3-one (FEMA# 3373, CAS# 3188-00-9) has a deceptively light and simple aroma; however, it can be used to good effect as a middle note in almost any cooked flavor category. The present discussion covers this a variety of additional uses for it.
6/9/2014 | P&F editors
Perfumer & Flavorist magazine’s 2014 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard ranks the top companies in the industry. It also includes select exclusive insights from key executives on the state and future of the industry.
The latest topical seasonings for snacks include organic chipotle BBQ and Twisted Tangerine and Wasabi.
Study finds that sweet taste perception and intake may be specifically affected via secretion of Glucocorticoid (GC) hormones and subsequent activation of GC receptors in taste cells.
Surprisingly, none of the genes thus identified belonged to the category of taste or smell receptors.
Comax Flavors created the non-alcoholic "Wine-Beer" flavor collection, which features Muscat Grape, Madeira Wine and Muscato Wine flavors crafted specifically for beer.
Flavorists are partnering hot spices like habanero with cool tropical fruits, including pineapple, mango, guava, and chicha morada.
Operational strategy for implementation released.
Report details shortages and other issues.
Includes three ingredients and a change in FEMA GRAS status for quinoline (FEMA# 3470).
The proposed rule, which includes requiring ingredient listings of e-cigarettes to be registered with the FDA, will be available for public comment for 75 days.
4/23/2014 | Judith Michalski
Juniper berry extract, carob beans oleoresin, oil blood orange Italian 5-fold, hyssop oil, 4-acetyl-2-methyl pyrimidine and more.