Most Popular in:
NAFFS Tech Meeting Features Challenges of Supply Chain Integrity
Posted: June 6, 2014
The National Association of Flavors and Food-Ingredient Systems (NAFFS), in conjunction with Rutgers University Department of Food Science, will hold a technical seminar from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Tuesday, June 17, at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Registration and a Continental Breakfast are offered at 8:30 a.m. The technical program follows at 9 a.m. and features the following presentations:
- “FSMA’s Impact on the Supply Chain” Bob Bauer, executive director, NAFFS
- “Challenges and Recent Incidents Related to Supply Chain Integrity” John Hallagan, senior advisor, general counsel, FEMA
- “Weeding out Mislabeled and/or Misrepresented Products through Analytical Testing” Chuck Manley, Charles Manley LLC
- “Leading Practices In the Management of Supply Chain Product Integrity” Roger Lawrence, corporate vp worldwide quality assurance, McCormick & Company
- Q & A Panel Session led by moderator Bob Weeks, Weeks Communications, LLC
The program concludes with a networking lunch and presentation of Rutgers new Center of Food Nutrition & Health.
At 2 p.m., an optional tour of the Rutgers University Food Science Department will begin. Meeting registration is $95 for members of NAFFS and FEMA ($125 non-members) which includes the seminar, speaker handouts, a networking breakfast, break, networking lunch and tour.
For more information on NAFFS or the June 17 meeting, call the NAFFS office at 732-922-3218 or visit www.naffs.org.