Most Popular in:
WPC Session Spotlight: "Growth Markets: Africa & Middle East"
Posted: February 17, 2014
The 2014 World Perfumery Congress will take place June 10-12 in Deauville, France, and will focus on The Future of Fragrance.
On June 11, moderator Irina Barbalova, head of global beauty and personal care research, Euromonitor International, presenter Izaskun Bengoechea, research manager, Euromonitor International, and panelist Kate Williams, creative perfumer, SevenScent, will join other industry experts to discuss "Growth Markets: Africa & Middle East."
The Middle East accounts for approximately 6% of the fragrance industry, according to numbers cited by the International Fragrance Association.
Meanwhile, Africa presents a frontier market with highly variable local market conditions throughout the continent.
During a presentation and panel discussion, industry experts will discuss:
- Fragrances in the context of the wider beauty industry
- Major growth segments for fragrances/fragranced consumer products
- Key growth country markets
- Local consumption and expenditure patterns
- Evolving retail structures and channel shifts
- Future potential for the premium segment