The Esther M. Klein Art Gallery at the Science Center (Philadelphia) and the Monell Center have opened an exhibition called Odor Limits that explores the potential of smell in aesthetic experience. The works in this show employ natural, synthetic and imaginary scents to delve into pressing contemporary themes about cultural difference, personal identity, spirituality and the body. Using installation, video, performance and a visitor's interactive project, smell is shown to be one of the senses that defies limits, transgresses boundaries and exceeds expectations. The exhibition is open through June 28, 2008. For more information, visit www.kleinartgallery.org.
An Exhibition of Smell: Odor Limits
May 27, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 337A Fragrant Feast: "An Evening of Pairings" with the American Society of Perfumers
- 89The Challenge of "Natural;" Flavor and Fragrance Trends
- 38Fragrance Sales Certification Program
- 29Botanical Devotion: 47th Annual ISEO Congress
- 19British Society Of Flavourists’ Flavorist Training Course
- 182006 FiFi Award Winners
- 16The Language and Principles of Flavor Creation
- 13Fragrance Foundation Announces 2008 FiFi Award Winners
- 13Update on ISO for Essential Oils
- 13Champion of Fragrance: Fragrance Foundation Honors Patrick Firmenich
- First Look: Society of Flavor Chemists Flavor Symposium 2014
- Champion of Fragrance: Fragrance Foundation Honors Patrick Firmenich
- Africa: The Next Center of the Commercial Universe?
- NAFFS Winter Meeting: A Taste of Innovation by Bacardi
1/13/2016, Deniz Ataman
- 'Ten Years of Ethical Sourcing' With Givaudan
1/19/2016, Mino Zaccaro