The Esther M. Klein Art Gallery at the Science Center (Philadelphia) and the Monell Center have opened an exhibition called Odor Limits that explores the potential of smell in aesthetic experience. The works in this show employ natural, synthetic and imaginary scents to delve into pressing contemporary themes about cultural difference, personal identity, spirituality and the body. Using installation, video, performance and a visitor's interactive project, smell is shown to be one of the senses that defies limits, transgresses boundaries and exceeds expectations. The exhibition is open through June 28, 2008. For more information, visit www.kleinartgallery.org.
An Exhibition of Smell: Odor Limits
May 27, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 68'Une Rose, Une Caresse,' Beauty Care for Cancer Patients
- 45Video: First Look at 2016 World Perfumery Congress Location
- 32The Perfumed Plume Awards to Honor Excellence in Fragrance Journalism
- 25Africa: The Next Center of the Commercial Universe?
- 24Recap: BSF’s Training for Flavorists
- 232006 FiFi Award Winners
- 19Editing Nature: a Look Inside Laboratoire Monique Remy
- 15The Language and Principles of Flavor Creation
- 14CIPAM 2016 Registration Open
- 11WFFC to Honor Mary Riddle
- Flavorcon 2015 Preview: Technology & Creativity for Sensory Excellence
- The Art of Perfumery: An Orchidia Education
7/21/2015, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Paris Fragrance Ingredient Exposition Highlights
- Celebrating and Defending Naturals in Perfumery
- First Look: Society of Flavor Chemists Flavor Symposium 2014