The Esther M. Klein Art Gallery at the Science Center (Philadelphia) and the Monell Center have opened an exhibition called Odor Limits that explores the potential of smell in aesthetic experience. The works in this show employ natural, synthetic and imaginary scents to delve into pressing contemporary themes about cultural difference, personal identity, spirituality and the body. Using installation, video, performance and a visitor's interactive project, smell is shown to be one of the senses that defies limits, transgresses boundaries and exceeds expectations. The exhibition is open through June 28, 2008. For more information, visit www.kleinartgallery.org.
An Exhibition of Smell: Odor Limits
May 27, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 28Champion of Fragrance: Fragrance Foundation Honors Patrick Firmenich
- 26Fragrance Sales Certification Program
- 192006 FiFi Award Winners
- 17British Society Of Flavourists’ Flavorist Training Course
- 17WFFC Talks How to Navigate Fickle Consumer Tastes
- 16Celebrating and Defending Naturals in Perfumery
- 14Africa: The Next Center of the Commercial Universe?
- 13Firmenich Assembles Natural Product Producers from Around the World
- 12Update on ISO for Essential Oils
- 11CIPAM 2016 Registration Open
- First Look: Society of Flavor Chemists Flavor Symposium 2014
- ASP's 2nd Annual "Evening of Pairings" Event
11/3/2015, Deniz Ataman
- One-on-One with Dominique Roques: Clarifying the Supply Chain
- Champion of Fragrance: Fragrance Foundation Honors Patrick Firmenich
- Africa: The Next Center of the Commercial Universe?