The Esther M. Klein Art Gallery at the Science Center (Philadelphia) and the Monell Center have opened an exhibition called Odor Limits that explores the potential of smell in aesthetic experience. The works in this show employ natural, synthetic and imaginary scents to delve into pressing contemporary themes about cultural difference, personal identity, spirituality and the body. Using installation, video, performance and a visitor's interactive project, smell is shown to be one of the senses that defies limits, transgresses boundaries and exceeds expectations. The exhibition is open through June 28, 2008. For more information, visit www.kleinartgallery.org.
An Exhibition of Smell: Odor Limits
May 27, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 52Video: First Look at 2016 World Perfumery Congress Location
- 17Fragrance Sales Certification Program
- 152006 FiFi Award Winners
- 11CIPAM 2016 Registration Open
- 11Update on ISO for Essential Oils
- 11Africa: The Next Center of the Commercial Universe?
- 11The Art of Perfumery: An Orchidia Education
- 11P&F Magazine Preview: Building a Better Molecule
- 10Featured Event: SFP 12th International Exhibition of Raw Materials for Perfumery
- 10FAFAI To Host Seminar on Indian F&F Industry in February 2013
- Flavorcon 2015 Preview: Technology & Creativity for Sensory Excellence
- The Art of Perfumery: An Orchidia Education
7/21/2015, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Paris Fragrance Ingredient Exposition Highlights
- Celebrating and Defending Naturals in Perfumery
- First Look: Society of Flavor Chemists Flavor Symposium 2014