Fragrance Houses, Perfumers Shine: Notes from the 2008 FiFi Awards
Posted: May 23, 2008
The 36th Annual FiFi Awards, hosted by The Fragrance Foundation, was a glamorous affair overrun with celebrities such as Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef), fragrance and cosmetic maven Tova Borgnine, and designers Cynthia Rowley and Zac Posen. But the true stars of the night were the fragrance houses and perfumers:
- Firmenich and perfumer Alberto Morillas were acknowledged as Coty Prestige accepted the award for Women's Lux Fragrance of the Year for Daisy Marc Jacobs.
- P&G Prestige Products took home the Men's Lux Fragrance of the Year award for Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme.
- In an unusual move, Puig Beauty & Fashion Group invited Givaudan perfumer Daniela Andrier onto the stage in recognition of her work on Women’s Nouveau Niche Fragrance of the Year, Prada Infusion d’Iris.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty recognized Firmenich for its creation of Armani Privé Vetiver Babylone, Men’s Nouveau Niche Fragrance of the Year.
- IFF perfumers Carlos Benaim and Laurent Le Guernec received a nod as Avon Products accepted the Women’s Private Label/Direct Sell Fragrance of the Year award for Christian Lacroix Rouge.
- Givaudan was acknowledged as Avon Products accepted the Men’s Private Label/Direct Sell Fragrance of the Year award for Derek Jeter Driven Black.
- Intimately Beckham Women, which Firmenich perfumer Jean-Pierre Bethouart created for Coty Inc., won the Women’s Popular Appeal Fragrance of the Year award.
- IFF received a nod for its work on Coty's Intimately Beckham Men, which won the Men’s Popular Appeal Fragrance of the Year award.
- Firmenich and Givaudan were acknowledged for creating the scents that comprise Interior Scent of the Year winner Gump’s San Francisco Home Collection (Majestic Range, Treasured Range & Opulent Range) from Latitudes International.
- Meanwhile, Gary Farn's Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien was inducted into the Fragrance Hall of Fame.