Most Popular in:
FiFi Finalists Breakfast
Posted: April 29, 2008
The Fragrance Foundation held its annual FiFi Finalists Breakfast at the Grand Ballroom of New York’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel on April 25, announcing the top five finalists in each of 20 award categories. Rochelle Bloom, president of The Fragrance Foundation, said, “Every year, the Finalists Breakfast marks a time when we recognize the nominees and their significant contributions to the industry.” She thanked the sponsors of the event, and welcomed Lauren Glassberg, New York City’s WABC lifestyle reporter, who hosted the festivities.
The five FiFi Award recipients announced at the breakfast were: Retailer of The Year, Bloomingdale’s; Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage, Men’s Feature (a tie), BestLife, and Elle; Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage, Women’s Scent Bite, Marie Claire; Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage, Women’s Scent Feature, Allure; Technological Breakthrough of the Year, Certified Organic Preservation, The Estée Lauder Companies.
The following list provides the top five finalists in each category:
Fragrance of the Year, Men’s Private Label/Direct Sell:
- Banana Republic Cordovan, Inter Parfums USA
- C.O. Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Blue, Bath & Body Works
- Derek Jeter Driven Black, Avon Products, Inc.
- G7 Gapmen Daily Grooming, Spiked, Inter Parfums USA
- Gap Individuals, The Original (unisex), Inter Parfums USA
Fragrance of the Year, Women’s Private Label/Direct Sell:
- Banana Republic Malachite, Inter Parfums USA
- Christian Lacroix Rouge, Avon Products, Inc.
- Secrets d’Essence Rose Absolute, Yves Rocher Signature Collection
- Velvet Tuberose EDT, Bath & Body Works
- Supermodel by Victoria’s Secret Beauty