Most Popular in:
2008 FiFi Finalists Announced
Posted: March 14, 2008
The Fragrance Foundation (New York) has announced the top 10 finalists in each category for the 2008 Fragrance of the Year FiFi Award. These finalists were determined by the initial ballot, which was mailed in early February. The top five finalists of each of the award categories will be announced at at the FiFi Finalists Breakfast to be held for Fragrance Foundation members on Friday, April 25 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Additionally, the FiFi Finalists Breakfast will include the presentation of FiFi Awards in the categories for Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage for Men’s Scent Feature, Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage for Women’s Scent Feature and Scent Bite and Technological Breakthrough of the Year. These winners will also be introduced and recognized for their achievements during the 36th Annual FiFi Awards & Celebration held on Tuesday, May 20 at the Park Avenue Armory in New York City.
The top 10 finalists for Fragrance of the Year Award in each category (in alphabetical order):
WOMEN’S LUXE: (11 finalists due to a tie)
- Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche - Chanel
- Coach - BeautyBank
- Daisy Marc Jacobs – Coty Prestige
- DKNY Delicious Night Eau de Parfum – Donna Karan Cosmetics
- Dolce & Gabbana the one – P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Emporio Armani Diamonds – Giorgio Armani Parfums
- Kelly Calèche - Hermès
- M by Mariah Carey – Elizabeth Arden
- Nina by Nina Ricci – Puig Beauty & Fashion Group
- Ralph Rocks by Ralph Lauren – Ralph Lauren Fragrances
- Usher She – Liz Claiborne Cosmetics
MEN’S LUXE: (12 finalists due to ties)
- Attitude by Giorgio Armani – Giorgio Armani Parfums
- Burberry Summer for Men – P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Calvin Klein MAN – Coty Prestige
- Chrome Legend by Azzaro – Clarins Fragrance Group
- Diesel Fuel for Life Men – L’Oréal Designer Fragrances
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme – P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier – Beauté Prestige International
- “For Him” Narciso Rodriguez – Beauté Prestige International
- Guess Suede – Parlux Fragrances, Inc.
- Polo Explorer Ralph Lauren – Ralph Lauren Fragrances
- Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts Him – Gemini Cosmetics
- Usher He – Liz Claiborne Cosmetics
WOMEN’S NOUVEAU NICHE: (12 finalists due to ties)
- Agent Provocateur Maitresse – Selective Beauty
- Armani Privé Rose Alexandrie – Giorgio Armani Beauty
- Bond No. 9 New York Andy Warhol Silver Factory (unisex) – Bond No. 9 New York
- Bond No. 9 New York Bryant Park – Bond No. 9 New York
- Bond No. 9 New York Saks Fifth Avenue for Her – Bond No. 9 New York
- Burberry Brit Sheer – P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Gucci by Gucci – P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Iris Pallida – L’Artisan Parfumeur
- L’Eau de Jatamansi – L’Artisan Parfumeur
- Prada Infusion D’Iris – Puig Beauty & Fashion Group
- Versace – EuroItaly
- Visa de Robert Piguet – Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, Ltd.