Creating Winning Fragrances
- Develop ‘franchise’ fragrances you can use across your product lineup, across your brands and across your company.
- Remember that complex, sophisticated fragrances don’t have to be expensive. Smart, talented perfumers can achieve exceptional performance, even with limited ingredient palettes.
- Test new fragrances complete with concept name, description, colors and packaging in place. That’s how consumers make decisions. Each element is critical to the ultimate product success.
- Look to personal care for fragrance inspiration, not fine fragrance. Personal care fragrance types easily transfer to home fragrance, household cleaners, and kitchen and laundry applications.
- Rotate new fragrances through your product line-up to attract consumer interest and expand your line. Develop inspiring, seasonal programs. Make winners part of the line-up long term.
- Romance the fragrance story—that’s what the fragrance truly is all about, and what consumers love to discover and experience.